SAFE-DENT ENTERPRISES is a leading manufacturer of dental disposables and supplies in the United States. Our mission is to deliver premium quality dental products, disposables and supplies. Backed with a 100% quality guaranty and offering friendly professional service, SAFE-DENT is a name that personifies trust, quality and excellence in the dental field.
We welcome the opportunity to be your source for premium dental products, disposables, and more. Our products are designed to meet your and your patient's needs. We guarantee the highest level of safety protection and dental needs, you will be very satisfied with SAFE-DENT products and service!
SELF SEALING STERILIZATION POUCHES WITH DUAL INDICATORS / Internal and External
FEATURES AND BENEFITS
- Built in Internal Indicator / and External Indicators
- Compatible with Steam and EO sterilization
- Meets the ISO 11140 standard for Class 1 process indicators and 11607 standard for pouch performance
- Large, Lead Free Ink Indicators
- Internal indicators ensure correct temperature is reached for proper sterilization
- Wide Self Sealing Adhesive Tape
- Perforated Fold helps form an airtight seal for storage
- Easy Opening Thumb Notch
- Strong medical grade paper meets all medical pouch standards
- Triple heat-sealed plastic, prevents tearing ,ensures tight seal
- Strong plastic film , puncture resistant
- Tinted plastic provides easy viewing of instruments
- Sealed corners prevents curling after sterilization and prevents collection of any contaminates
- Color Coded for Rapid Reorder
- Store at humidity levels below 70% and at room temperature between 60˚-86˚F
- Protect from Light
- Sterilized instruments are valid for up to 6 months from date of sterilization in a cool, dry environment
- The Center for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) recommends that all dental professionals monitor their sterilization procedures to meet exposures to all 3 parameters of sterilization: time, temperature and presence of steam. This will ensure effective sterilization
- Pouches are for SINGLE USE ONLY. Do Not Reuse
- Normal steam temperatures ranging from 250F – 270F for a maximum of 30 minutes
- Normal steam temperatures from 320F-374F for 2-8 seconds
- Sterilizers should be checked periodically for correct time, temperature and pressure
- Do not use any pouch that is punctured
- Place instrument inside the pouch
- Expel any excess air by carefully pressing the pouch outwards, towards the open end.
- Remove the paper tape over the adhesive strip, and follow the directions.
- Seal the pouch by folding on perforation line from center outwards.
- Place sealed pouches flat in the sterilizer. Be sure to check and calibrate sterilizers periodically
- Do not overcrowd the pouches
- Do not overfill the pouches
- Allow pouches to cool in the sterilizer 5-10 minutes after cycle is completed
- To facilitate cooling, open door slightly (follow sterilizer manufacturer’s directions)
- Open sterilized pouch at the top “thumb notch” pulling the plastic downwards.
TROUBLESHOOTING / FAQS
- Air was not completely expelled before sealing the pouch
- Check air trap jet is clean in steam sterilizers
- Improper cycle used for sterilization
- Pouches were overfilled
Pouches stick together after sterilization
- Improper sterilization temperature used
- Folded bags were placed in sterilizer
Pouches become brittle or crack
- Pouch was used more than once
- Improper temperature and/or time cycle
Moisture in Pouches
- Pouch removal before the cycle was completed
- Improper drying cycle after steam sterilization.
- Small condensation present. This will dissipate within 5-10 minutes
Are the earloop masks latex free?
All SAFE-DENT earloop masks are latex free and safe from all allergic reactions to latex.
What if the indicator doesn't change color in my sterilization pouch?
Sometimes the indicator on the sterilization pouches change color, but very slightly. That does not mean the items in the pouch are not sterilized and ready for safe usage. There are multi parameters which should also be taken into consideration, such as "time", "temperature" and "presence of steam" which will also determine that the items are fully sterilized. Over crowding in sterilzing machine may prevent steam from properly penetrating.
What Are the Standard Steam Sterilization Conditions for Pouches?
Standard steam sterilization conditions, as per ISO 11140-1:2005 are:
10 minutes, 121C/250F, saturated steam
2 minutes, 134C/273F, saturated steam